About Tax & More
Tax & More is a division of Staples Rodway Wellington.
Founded by Murray Pashby, an experienced practitioner with specialist qualifications in taxation. Murray joined Roger Shackelford on 1 October 2016 having established his own consultancy practice in 2000. Prior to this he was National Taxation Partner of a leading National and International Accountancy practice, where he led a team of taxation professionals operating from 7 offices within New Zealand.
Roger Shackelford is a Partner of Staples Rodway Wellington, a member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and an experienced and respected tax practitioner. Roger and Murray have both presented extensively at seminars both within New Zealand and overseas including for Chartered Accountants of New Zealand and Australia, the Accountants and Tax Agents Institute of New Zealand, the Society of Estate and Trust Practitioners, private conference providers, industry groups as well numerous presentations to clients, connectors and staff of accounting practices on an on-going basis.
They have experience with a broad range of clients and situations and with taxpayers in most stages in life from small business, investors, listed companies and professionals.
What we do
We assist accountants, tax consultants, advisers and lawyers in public practice across New Zealand with their client needs together with taxpayers across various business types, structures and issues. Although we are based in Wellington, we provide tax services across New Zealand and provide free phone and fax access.
An important part of our service and commitment to you is that:
- we maintain our independence
- our service is timely
- you can rely on us to provide you professional advice without bias
- we don’t take your clients
- we regularly exceed the minimum professional development requirements of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand by up to 200%
- should your client require specialist legal advice we will refer you to a tax barrister we hold in the highest regard
- if we don’t know the answer we will tell you so
- we will recommend a course of action and not give a series of ifs and buts